Sunday, August 12, 2018

8/12/2018 update:
    I have big news. My new sweet girl Ava is pregnant with Anna’s grand babies. She’s at 50 days along and kind of having a little bit of a rough go. We don’t know how many babies she has yet but she’s due in 2 weeks. I have to admit I’ve been a nervous wreck. Lack of sleep, overly anxious, lots of worrying, and etc. Since losing Anna I’ve realized some things. The most important is I have changed a lot. My mental state is very different. Maybe not for the best. When Anna was pregnant a decade ago I really didn’t worry much. I didn’t have the vet on speed dial.
I didn’t even know what an animal hospital was. I literally was in Hawaii vacationing the week before she gave birth. Anna was very tough and not affected by being pregnant. Maybe Ava is the same but I’m watching her every move. This is a very high stakes pregnancy. Yes I worry. I’m super excited that she is so close. I remain very cautiously optimistic. I really want to see everything go well. We spent hours and days tracking down Anna’s very elderly puppies in the hopes of finding one that can carry on her legacy. We only found one and it has been no easy task getting even tonrjia point. Fingers crossed in 2 weeks I have good news for you. Until then I will endure more sleepless nights, anxious days, and lovingly worried for my sweet girl. She’s a real trooper.
Eric

No comments: